Sunday, February 27, 2011

Kristen Rockin' the Frock

Kristen, Kyle and I marched into the woods on Thursday and got a bit muddy doing so but it was fun and worth it. Kristen is a classmate of mine. She saw my rockin' prom images as I was editing them and said I needed to photograph her because her hair naturally does the crazy style I was going for. So I took her up on that offer and we met after my class got out. I did her hair and makeup in the hallway of my school. As classes were letting out people were passing us and no one seemed to think it odd that there was a salon in the hallway. Only at an art school, or perhaps a beauty college is in not out of the norm to see extreme hair and makeup as well as people getting made up in the hallway. Love it. :)

Thank you to Kyle for skipping class with us to hold jackets and the reflector. He helped get the lighting just right. The weather channel has been leading us on as it was said that Thursday was going to be partially cloudy and warm. Well it was completely overcast and cold. You may be able to see some patched of snow on the ground in these images. Kristen is a trooper to be wearing such a short dress in the middle of winter. All in the name of art!

I love photographing other photographers because they are fun and they ask such detailed questions that there is no misunderstanding about where I want you to stand and how I want you to pose. Now, I hope that I give clear directions but it is reassuring to know the model understands. Plus, they think along the same lines because, well, they are usually behind the camera not in front of it!

I also love playing dress up and make believe. hahaha I love dressing up my models and creating a mood. My goal is to make you feel beautiful and sexy, did it work? If not I am not doing my job. I am having fun being a photographer and making my visions become reality. It's awesome!














No comments:

Post a Comment