Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Immortal The Musical | Magazine ads


I am taking an advertising class this quarter in school and our project is to pick a theatrical production, whether real or has potential to be real. The same day I got the assignment my friend posted a link to an upcoming musical. This musical is in progress and not yet showing. I contacted the writer and creator of this musical to get an idea of what it was all about.

Set in the 1800's this unlikely love story unfolds with conflict, romance, mystery, and suspense. Lucas, this tormented monster is constantly fighting his hunger for human blood. Justine, a young woman who willingly offers herself to this monster. Phineus has been hunting this creature his whole life just like his ancestors. There are three major icons in this musical. The red rose is the symbol of their unlikely romance. Lucas presents Justine with a rose every time they meet. The journal has been passed down from father to son for the past 300 years to the hunters of the creature. The vile is what started it all. The elixir of life was given to Lucas on his death bed which cured him and turned him immortal.

Here are my ads that I created for this musical with these elements in mind. I changed the logo for a few reasons but I like the results. One reason I changed it is because I didn't have time to figure out how they manipulated the text and another reason is that I felt the new font felt more mysterious and dark.

Check it out at Immortalthemusical.com








3 comments:

  1. I love numbers 1 and 3 the best, but like the others as well. I like the first because it says "romance" and I LOVE a good romance. I like 3 because it makes me very curious about what it means.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. The rose is definitely my favorite, but they are all fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are def. going to get a good grade! Good job, Jenn!!

    ReplyDelete