Friday, July 4, 2014

Fine Art | Commissioned work

It is finally ready for the general public to see!  This dear woman is a friend of mine and she approached me one day and said, "I would like to hire you to take a one of a kind Jennifer Wolfe portrait of us.  I want it to be a fine art piece."  She had an idea and shared it with me.  I took it home, mulled it over and drew up my interpretation of it. 

 The next meeting we had I showed her the drawing and explained what I wanted to do.  She was thrilled and exclaimed that I had made her idea an even better one.  Then it was time to talk price.  I have an irrational fear of charing people money.  So, I told her my price and she was VERY quiet.  She said she had to discuss it with her husband.  I thought, well, that was fun while it lasted.  She got back to me and said she was a little shocked at the cost but she knew it was worth it.  We got to work. 

I went into her home and set up.  I took pictures of several elements in her home to add to the piece later.  She wanted her dog in the photo as well, and he belongs there anyway.  Freddy is part of the family. 

This was the first time since the decision to go down the path of fine art, that I actually got to put a piece together.  At this point I had photographed 2 of my other pieces but had not put them together.  This was going to be the true test to see if I could do what I was setting out to do.  

I spent countless hours on the computer piecing this together.  There were over 50 layers and 15 photographs. 




I showed it to her and she is in love.  I printed it with a professional fine art printer and it is breathtaking.  



As I was shooting and editing this piece I had such a strong feeling that this is what I am supposed to be doing with my artistic talent.  I felt happiness and peace and I know I am going down the right path.  I can't wait to finish the other pieces and to share them with the world!  I need a lot of support with this.  It is not an easy path but it will be worth it!  It really will be worth it to invest YOUR time and talent with me on this project.  I am still looking for volunteer models, hair and makeup artist, locations and props. If you have anything you would like to contribute please let me know!  I will not leave you empty handed either.  I have done trades with everyone involved thus far.  From photographing their prized truck, to photographing family sessions, to giving them furniture and props.  So, let's talk and trade talents! :)

2 comments:

  1. Jenn, this is AMAZING. By far the best thing you’ve done yet. I wholeheartedly agree that this is your calling! So beautiful, and I cannot wait to see the rest of your work!! I am so, so, so excited for you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best work ever! When we get ours done I want something like this but more with my kids jumping around and all of us just being happy as a family being silly together! But by then I will have to offer more than just a watercolor since your talent is really exceeding mine! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete