Friday, March 14, 2014

Fine Art Friday Spotlight | Alexia Sinclair

I have been wanting to spotlight some amazing fine artists and it never worked out that I could get it finished by Friday until now.  

I have a lot of photographers, illustrators, painters, film makers, clothing designers, etc that inspire me and I want to share them with you. Art heals my soul and I feel like there is an artist that can speak to each and every one of us. 

I have to share this first because she is the main inspiration for me to take this path. I was in class learning about composites in depth and we were sharing different composite artists. Someone mentioned Alexia Sinclair.  I immediately went to her website and was in awe.  At the time I did not want to do composites at all.  I thought I wanted to pursue a career in retail photography like, family portraits, senior portraits and weddings.  I thought I would do the occasional personal project to keep myself happy.  Once I saw Alexia's work I thought of some of the personal projects that I wanted to do and I realized I can do that full time and be happy all of the time. I wanted to be a fine artist.  I still thought I would do retail photography until I could afford to do my fine art projects.  

Well, I then thought about fine art all the time.  I thought about all of the pieces I wanted to create.  I started doing some research.  And now I am doing it!  We shall see where it goes from here. 

Okay, enough about me, I want you to get to know Alexia Sinclair.  She is in Sydney, Australia.  She received a BFA and an MFA degree.  She majored in photography and sculpture.  She basically had to teach herself how to digitally manipulate her photos and she is phenomenal. 

When I first knew of Alexia Sinclair she had released the Regal Twelve series and was working on the Royal Dozen series.  She now has a few more series one being A Frozen Tale which is amazing!

She has won awards for her art and has shown in galleries all over the world. ALL of her work is breathtaking and really, just amazing but I picked just a few to show you here.  You will have to go to her website to view the rest.  Trust me, you will not be sorry you did! 


Elenor of Aquitaine
"The Eagle" (1122-1204)

Marie Antoinette
"The Extravagant Queen" (1755-1793)

Both of the pieces above are in her Regal Twelve series. The image below is from her A Frozen Tale series. 


The Contess' Drawing Room



No comments:

Post a Comment